The Importance of Correcting your Overbite from Port Macquarie Dental Centre
In general, you’ll know that you have an overbite if your front teeth overlap the teeth below them.
While an overbite can result from your genes, it’s also possible to develop one through thumb sucking and drinking from a bottle as a toddler.
Grown-up habits like biting on your nails also produce an overbite situation.
Your Port Macquarie dentist will examine your overbite to help you to determine if you should seek additional treatment to correct it.
If left untreated, overbites may lead to the following:
- Bottom front teeth may damage the gums above the top front teeth
- Speech difficulties
- Jaw problems
- Unattractive smile and appearance
What are the Orthodontic Treatments Available for Correcting an Overbite?
Here are safe and effective treatments your dentist may use to correct overbites:
For Children and Teens
- Removal of temporary teeth to create space for permanent teeth to come out naturally and grow in straight
- Braces can be used to gradually move the teeth in their desired position. This helps in correcting the overbite and positions the jaw
- Retainers can be used after the braces to ensure that the teeth stay in their place
- Braces can be used to move the teeth and fix the overbite
- Jaw problems that are caused by skeletal-type overbites can only be corrected with a surgery
Overbites must be fixed right away. It’s never too late to correct your bite and your smile. Don’t hesitate to see your Port Macquarie dentist today here at Port Macquarie Dental Centre.
Port Macquarie Dental Centre Cares!
Port Macquarie Dental Centre is small inviting practice conveniently located at 38 Buller Street, Port Macquarie.
We are close to the town centre, but far enough away to avoid hustle, bustle, or overcrowding.
We also offer onsite car parking for your convenience. Also, for your convenience, we offer weekday hours until 6 pm.
Our focus is on prevention of dental issues and creating a healthy mouth that supports dental and general health.
We are located at 38 Buller St in Port Macquarie.