National Children’s Week at Port Macquarie Dental Centre
National Children’s Week is from 23-31 October 2021.
This event was created to focus the attention of Australia on children, their achievements, and their needs.
In support of Australia’s children during the week, we are zeroing in on the importance of taking care of your teeth from an early age.
Your Port Macquarie dentist is encouraging adults to teach children good dental habits.
Children who develop good habits early have a great chance of having them for life, avoiding dental disease, and having better overall health.
At Port Macquarie Dental Centre, we want to partner with you in bringing good dental health to all our children.
Focus On Your Child’s Oral Health
Children need to learn how to look after their teeth and gums from a young age.
- Brush your child’s teeth at least twice daily, using small circular motions. Children’s teeth should be cleaned after eating and before bed using fluoride toothpaste suitable for children, which can help strengthen the teeth enamel and prevent decay.
- Get into a regular toothbrushing routine, and give your child plenty of praise when they brush their teeth properly.
- Replace toothbrushes or toothbrush heads every 3 months, when already worn or frayed, or when they just recovered from an illness.
- Supervise or guide children with their toothbrushing until they are at least 7 years old.
- When they begin brushing by themselves, check every few days to ensure they are doing it properly.
- Bring your child in for dental check-ups twice a year.
- Make sure your child eats a healthy, balanced diet rich in vitamins and minerals.
- Try to limit acidic and sweet foods and drinks consumption.
- As your child’s permanent teeth erupt, you should make your Port Macquarie dentist aware of any teeth or jaw misalignment. We will advise if corrective treatment is required.
How Port Macquarie Dental Centre Can Help
At Port Macquarie Dental Centre, we are happy to support you and your children by offering services under the Child Dental Benefits Schedule!
The CDBS provides individual benefits for a range of services, including examinations, X-rays, cleaning, fissure sealing, fillings, root canals and extractions.
Child Dental Benefits Schedule in Port Macquarie
Bulk Bill for eligible children
Up to $1,013 worth of dental treatments over two years
To know more about our National Children’s Week 2021 celebration at Port Macquarie Dental Centre, call us on (02) 6583 1711 or request your appointment online.
We are located at 38 Buller St in Port Macquarie.